Re: Can't connect with my new ADSL

On 10 Dec 2003, Antony Gelberg wrote:

> [...]
[snip]

> > Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this. The user guide makes
> > reference to a system of configuration using "the Web browser", but
> > the first instruction is to enter the LAN default IP address
> > http:://10.0.0.2. There doesn;t seem to be anywhere to do this in
> > Firebird. There is a setup program on the CD but that is for Windows so
> > no help.
>
> Please reply to the list in future.  You type in http://10.0.0.2 where you
> would usually type the website name.  (Website names generally can be
> exchanged for IP addresses, if you know the address.)

I tried this but no luck. The support people suggested installing dhcp,
which I have done, and also tried:

   /sbin/ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.2 netmask 255.0.0.0

   and

    /sbin/route add default gw 10.0.0.1

(suggestions from uklinux support).

But still nothing much seems to happen. I still couldn't connect via the
browser.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic