Re: Initializing X clients

Jaume,

You missed one of my points, which was that the command prompt of the
xterm disappeared as soon as there was keyboard input. Even the
Ctl-Alt-Backspace to close the X server causes bash to terminate. I'm
not sure bash quite made it in the first place, for the white
insertion rectangle should have been solid, I suspect.

I have a ~/.xsession-errors file, and when I press any key I get:

  xterm: fatal IO error 32 (broken pipe) or KillClient on X server
  ":0.0"

Does this mean that in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 my keyboard is not
properly configured? If so, would that have appeared to icewm as a bad
option?

Haines