Re: Initializing X clients

Get rid of everything: what a good idea!

I got rid of everything, and in the .xsession put exec icewm. That
didn't work. So I replaced the command with exec xterm. That did
work--sort of.

When I start x with the xterm execution, what I get is a black
rectangle in upper left 2/3 of screen with a bash prompt. That sounds
good, but everything else is bad:

1. The rest of the screen is trash background (a rough blend of colors
   rather than (default?) blue. Shouldn't the terminal have been left
   the remaining background intact?

2. The terminal has none of the features I'd normally expect a
   terminal window to have, such as a window frame. That may be
   because I've no window manager running yet.

3. The insertion point of the prompt is not a solid rectangle, but an
   empty rectangle. Any keyboard input cause the prompt to disappear,
   although the black rectangle remains.

Interesting. I've no idea what it all means.

Haines