Re: List mail being redirected?

Hi,

brownh@hartford-hwp.com (Haines Brown) writes:

> Thanks for letting me know my message got through. I'm only at the
> point of setting up the X windows system in my debian installation, so
> can't yet cruise cyberspace to check the archives.

You can install lynx, a web browser that runs on the console. You don't
need X to cruise the cyberspace!

> At present, my X
> server starts, but all I get is a blank blue screen. I try to start
> icewm (it seems to be ready to run) by adding an exec into
> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc and in ~/.Xinitrc, but nothing happens.

This should be ~/.xinitrc (all lowercase). Actually, I always put it in
~/.xsession , I believe both things should work, but try the
later. Also, make sure that they have executable permisions

$ chmod +x ~/.xinitrc ~/.xsession

> When I get this straightened out, and get my browser going, debian list
> archives will be one of the first places I'll head ;-)

Hope this helps,

Jaume
--
Please answer to the group/list. Don't CC me.