Re: Woody vs. Sarge vs. You've heard this before ;-)

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 10:26:35AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 08:22:20AM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 12:58:14AM -0400, Aaron wrote:
> > > So far so good with testing. After doing the dist-upgrade my machine
> > > rebooted directly back into X with the nvidia kernel module
> > > operational and everything seems to be fine. Although I was
> > > disappointed that I ended up with KDE 2.2.25, while gAIM jumped from
> > > 0.52 to 0.64 (where it belongs!)
> >
> > KDE is a very complex package. There were all types of problems. It ran
> > fine in unstable, but you can't promote to testing unless you can
> > compile it in testing, ;-) and have all libs available.
>
> Actually, at the moment, a package doesn't have to be buildable in
> testing in order to be promoted to testing. This is kind of a bug, but
> it's hard enough to get things into testing as it is sometimes ...

I'll just quit trying to explain these things. I'm obviously not good at
typing quickly while trying to remember what it was that was going on in
debian-kde. I actually _read_ a few of the threads on the subject, but I
don't seem to remember it, :-)

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!