Re: system reboots before booting

David Fokkema said:
> Hmmm... this looks good as far as I can see... What I don't understand
> is that lilo complained that the map file and the boot sector were on
> different drives. I _never_ got that error. However, it might mean
> nothing...

What I don't understand is why it worked last night and then today it was
broken. I wasn't messing around with kernel installation stuff or anything
unusual. It was a clean shutdown, so I doubt there are the usual bad
blocks from when the system crashes.

> I can only think of one thing now, but I don't see how that would lead
> to your lilo not booting at all...
> If you are using a kernel from debian, it might be that you need to
> specify an initrd image like this:
> initrd=/initrd.img

I don't have an initrd.img in the / or /etc folder. Not sure where else to
look for it (it's a custom kernel with ACPI, ALSA and nvidia support
compiled using the Debian Way).

> Basically, I'm puzzled and lost, :-( You need a guru...

I guess I could just re-install the base system and start over... :(

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
Xtrinsic