Re: system reboots before booting

Sorry if anyone got spam filter messages from me, I was playing with my
webmail filters while trying to figure out my boot problem. This is copied
and pasted from the archive...

# From: David Fokkema <dfokkema@ileos.nl>
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 12:46:53PM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> > Maybe I'm using the wrong order of operations though?
> > 1. update BIOS and enable LBA under the master harddrive; save changes
and
> > exit
> > 2. reboot with CD in the drive and enter into the rescue CD
> > 3. mount / and /backup partitions
> > 4. make system bootable
> > 5. execute a shell program
> > 6. copy lilo.conf file from /backups to /target/etc/lilo.conf
> > 7. reboot the system with no CD in the drive

> Well, what went wrong? Which steps did and which didn't work out?
> Reading through your link, though, I don't think LBA is your problem.
> But following these steps should make your system bootable again. But,
> to make it bootable, I find it more intuitive to first copy my
> lilo.conf and then run lilo -r /target. This chroots to /target and
> therefore all kernel images and alike are found in their usual places.

As best I can tell lilo isn't actually running. When I execute a shell
program and then try to run lilo using: lilo -r /target
I get the following error: sh: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: version `GLIBC_PRIVATE'
not found (required by /target/lib/libc/so.6). I get the same message if I
use lilo (with out the -r /target bit).

I guess this means my installed libraries don't match the CD's requested
libraries?

emma