Re: system reboots before booting

David Fokkema said:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:18:24PM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
>> Warnings are:
>> BIOS drive 0x40025b20 may not be accessible
>> Unable to determine video adapter in use in the present system
>> The boot sector and map file are on different disks
>>
>> Then at the very end:
>> Writing boot sector.
>> /boot/boot.0300 exists - no boot sector backup copy made
>
> Yes, this doesn't look too good... Could you post your lilo.conf and
> tell us a bit about your HD setup? Especially the sector and map file on
> different disks puzzles me.

lilo.conf
lba32 # I've also tried linear
boot=/dev/hda # I've also tried lilo -M /dev/hda mbr
root=/dev/hda1
install=/boot/boot-menu.b
map=/boot/map
prompt
delay=100
timeout=100
vga=normal
append="hdc=ide-scsi" # this is for my dvd/burner
default=alien
image=/vmlinuz
label=alien
(plus two other images)

hd setup -- you mean my partitions?
When I'm in rescue mode I only have two partitions mounted:
/dev/hda1 / ext2 rw,errors=remount-ro 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0

in my fstab file:
/dev/hda1 / ext2 errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hda6 none swap sw 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda5 /usr ext2 defaults 0 2
/dev/hda7 /var ext2 defaults 0 2
/dev/hda8 /tmp ext2 defaults 0 2
/dev/hda9 /home ext2 defaults 0 2
/dev/hda11 /web ext2 defaults 0 2
/dev/hda14 /backups ext2 noauto 0 2
/dev/sr0 /cdrom iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/usb auto ro,user,noauto 0 0

There is not /boot partition, no floppy drive and only the one harddrive.

Not sure if that's the info you were looking for,
thanks,
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin