Re: system reboots before booting

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:

hey all

So I get back from a lovely 6000km road trip and am working on some LDP
documentation. I install the Morphon XML editor in /usr/local (with JRE)
with no problems around 10pm. At 3am I shut down my system using "sudo
halt"--like I always do. At 9:30am I try to start my computer and it won't
boot. The system reboots right after the "If you'd like to enter the BIOS
press F12." I've tried running a rescue disk and I can get the / partition
to mount, but I'm at a loss on what's wrong. Obviously I'd prefer not to
have to re-install my system (again).

Any ideas on what's going wrong?

Odd. It sounds like maybe your boot sector has a problem. I'd try booting into rescue mode like you can, and then rerunning lilo/grub/whatever.

If that's not enough detail, holler back.

--
Kent