Re: Maxtor Ultra ATA/133 and kernel panic

On 10 May 2003 10:34:24 -0500
Stephen Hargrove <stephen@exitwound.org> wrote:
>On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 01:29, Kent West wrote:
>>
>> Somewhere in the CMOS and/or the card's BIOS, there should be a
>> setting to override this drive reassignment.
>
> I'm just not seeing it.

On some ASUS motherboards with an on-board Promise adaptor (such as the
one in the machine I'm typing on), this isn't configurable through the
BIOS, but rather by jumper on the motherboard itself.  I know this
isn't exactly the same situation as you; but nevertheless, you might
also look at the writeup on any jumpers on your expansion card to see
if some sort of "expansion card drives come first" option is toggled
there.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)