Re: Maxtor Ultra ATA/133 and kernel panic

On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 10:34, Stephen Hargrove wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 01:29, Kent West wrote:
> >
> > Somewhere in the CMOS and/or the card's BIOS, there should be a setting
> > to override this drive reassignment.
>
> I'm just not seeing it.
>

> > However, you should still be able to get around this problem.
>
> Getting in and making these modifications was no problem.  I've got
> /etc/fstab pointing to hdi now, but I'm having some problems with lilo.
> I've made the changes in lilo to point to /dev/hdi, but when i'm getting
> the following:
>
> # lilo
> Fatal: raid_setup: stat("/dev/hdi")
>
> Now, /dev doesn't contain entries for hdi or hdk.  It stops at hdh.  Do
> I need to create the hdi and hdk devices, and if so, how do I do that?

>From Andre Hedrick:
   # sh /usr/src/linux/scripts/MAKEDEV.ide

> Thanks for all your help thus far, guys.  I do appreciate it.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition |
| or give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and   |
| break things".  Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.  |