Re: MySQL is eating up my RAM

On March 26, 2003 01:04 pm, GBV wrote:
> Debian People,
>
> I have an Debian 3.0 2.4.18-bf24 running MySQL 3.23.49
>
> Usually my mysqld stops because too many connections errors, what
> make me run mysqladmin-flushhosts to make it work.
>
> Another host in internet access this mysqld host via PHP.
>
> My process list become strange, and seens that all estabilished
> connections don´t disconnect normally. Anyone have a clue? This
> mysqld behavior is normal? I don´t think so.
>
> I think that mysqld after a x number of open processes, block
> connections, and makes me run mysqladmin-flushhosts
>
> The link above show my partially proccess list, including this
> "always-on" mysqld´s.
>
> http://www.plannercorretora.com.br/pic1.png

Check the PHP scripts that are accessing your server.  If they are
using the "mysql_pconnect" function (persistant connections) to
connect to the database, tell them to use "mysql_connect" instead.
Persistant connections can cause problems like you describe because
they will sometimes not be closed and clog up the mysql server.

Leo