Re: Newbie bull brings own china shop.

OK, due to a download problem with a couple of the large CD iso files, I am trying the bootbf2.4.iso Andrew Bloch net install. When I get to the hard disk partitioning, I am not really sure what to do. My hard disk looks like the following at this time:

/dev/hda7    reiserfs    9.29 GB    (mount point) /

/dev/hda5    ext2        15.1 MB    /boot

shmfs           shm         57.9 MB    /dev/shm

This is from a SuSE 7.3 Pro install. I don't have a problem with the setup, if it will work with Debian, but I am unsure as to how to proceed with the Debian install prompts:

1) prompt for /dev/hda6 as swap I guess this is OK, I assume that shmfs is swap? I got this info from KDE Control Panel under SuSE 7.3. It uses KDE 2 something.

2) prompt for hda disk partition. I assume this provides an opportunity to reformat the entire hard disk, but all I really want to do is reformat the partitions at the same size for the same uses as I have now, unless there is a reason not to.

Cheers,

Brian