Re: Knoppix-Piggy and Debian installer

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:52:01 -0500
Stephen Gran <steve@lobefin.net> wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Mark L. Kahnt said:
> > You and me both fumbling at this - my hope was that there was
> > something I was overlooking - maybe filtering or firewall (I've
> > tried this with every part of those shut off) or even some sort of
> > management setting on how much bandwidth I can bring into my own box
> > in a stretch of time.  I've tried pulling ISOs through my own
> > webserver and ftp server on the box, with no problems, but at the
>
> OK, let's try a couple of things.
>
> df -H - you're not running out of room, are you?
>
> Can you do large file transfers with other things over the net
> (sendfile, ftp?) - if you want, we can test with sendfile offlist.
> Write me if you want to try, although my upload is only about 12K/sec
> - might take a while (^:
>
> wget is usually better at spitting out errors than browsers, as is
> jigdo- you might want to try those to see what's spit out.
>
> Hmm . . . hmm . . . anybody else have any ideas for figuring out
> whether this is a connectivity or disk space/quota/something problem?

Well, how about just grabbing the first Woody ISO from a remote mirror
somewhere. Considering the point at which the Knoppix D/L stops that
should be large enough to test whether it is specific to the servers
hosting Knoppix. If it works then ask around and see if someone in here
with decent bandwidth will host it for you to grab.

Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html

gvl2 (Gerald)
AirBall the Rolling Basket Case (1969 Standard Beetle)
LifeSaver (1974 Bay Window Bus)
http://www.phorce1.com