Knoppix-Piggy and Debian installer

Last fresh installation (about the 4th) I made of Woody was in some old pentium 2 - 350 mhz, with not much to show. To get things right from the beginning I used this time a trick: First I had run piggy (the installer from Progeny) and then knoppix. I copied the settings for X and the modules used into a floppy, since the hardware detection was so wonderfully done. Then, made a fresh installation of woody, recompiled the kernel with all needed modules, copied directly from the floppy the X config file, and now I have a completely painless Debian woody machine. So, I am wondering, why don't we integrate Knoppix and Piggy's capabilities into Debian, and make them part of the upcoming distributions? Is Klauss Knopper a Debian developer? If he is not, may be we should invite him to be one?
Just my 2 euros.
Thanks to all.