Re: Knoppix-Piggy and Debian installer

Mark L. Kahnt <kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org> [2002-11-10 13:14:16 -0500]:
> A tangent on this - having heard of Knoppix's good reputation, I've

When it works it works great.  Sometimes it does not work.  In that
case, well when it works it works great!  :-)

> tried to get an iso of this from a few sources, and using all manner of
> different sources and transfer methods and tools, I get a certain
> distance along, and then it stops, and will not continue. How far I get
> depends on the iso, but it stops at the same spot on all systems and
> methods. I haven't seen any reasons in logs or networking manuals, but
> this is frustrating - I'm burning bandwidth of many not-for-profit
> servers with no success, and not reaching 20% of the iso as a rule.

I can't suggest any reason your download would drop in the middle.

But I can suggest to use a download method that will restart where it
left off.  I suggest wget right off of the top of my head.  Look at
the 'wget -c' option.  Other programs also support restarting.  This
way if your download drops you can at least restart it and keep making
further progress.

Bob