Re: [DEB-USER] Re: At peace with Debian (was: This is the last war...)

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 10:07, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 08:35, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Due to the cultural debasement brought upon by TV and feminism, "Miz"
> > is slowly disappearing.
>
> I don't quite recall the exact beginnings of this thread, but I'm
> assuming that "Miz" = Ms?

Not down in Dixie.  The spoken "Miz" is a Southern expression
for "Mrs.".

> When I was learning English back when I first moved to the US (1988) I
> was always taught the following:
>
> Miss - Younger female, unmarried
> Mrs  - Female of any age, married
> Ms   - (Usually) older female, widowed/divorced/unmarried
>
> And that was in the Northern US (Chicago area).
>
> -Alex
| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |