Re: Using PS/2 and ImPS/2 in X

Jamin W. Collins, 2002-Jul-15 15:54 -0500:
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:59:00 -0700 Jeff <jcoppock1@attbi.com> wrote:
>
> > Jamin W. Collins, 2002-Jul-15 08:41 -0500:
> > >
> > > Does the external mouse you're attempting to use have an option of
> > > using a USB connection?  If so, you could configure X to support both.
> >
> > Yes, I use a USB mouse (3-button/scroll wheel) on occasion which works
> > nicely.  However, I connect to KVM switches regularly and they only
> > have the PS/2 interface.
>
> Hmmm that would mess with things, wouldn't it.  I've never tried it
> myself, but have you given the "auto" protocol a shot?  More info at:
>
> http://www.xfree86.org/current/mouse6.html

I saw that option as well but dismissed it initially since it is for
serial mice.  But, since you brought it up I went ahead and tested
it.  It didn't work.  I had no mouse response with the built-in mouse
nor a PS/2 mouse.

Btw Jamin, your email header is missing the mail-followup-to entry.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User