Re: Where is Debian going?

Hi,
This is what bothers me about most linux distros, especially RH, Mandrake etc.
Their installers have this fancy gui installer, which make it really quite
easy. X is easy to install, setting up the nics, etc etc.
For a linux newbie this is great, they can have their first linux system
up and running in no time.
However, I prefer the Debian installer which is less fancy.
I find that I get more of a feel for what's happening to the system.
When I first learned about linux, the gui's didn't actually tell me which
files were being edited when your in X. There were fancy gui's apps to do stuff,
and they worked, but if I ever had to administer a linux box without X, I was
hooped. I wouldn't even know where to start.
Anyway, I'm just trying to say that (in my case)Debian forced me to learn linux
and I thank them for it. :)

Cheers,
Mike