Re: Where is Debian going?

On Jul 12, 2002 at 10:19 -0400, Sven Heinicke wrote:

> Debian is the way for somebody with computer savvy.  Most people who
> reads docs could do good, but most people don't like reading.  I know a
> debian user who had to use Mandrake here at work and he was surprised
> when the sound card was already configured and we didn't even have to
> tell it which drivers to use.  Even though, a few weeks later he was
> installing Debian on that system, thankfully.

Forgive me for extending this thread, but does anyone know if there
are plans afoot to add some of that autoconfiguration stuff to the
Debian installer?  IIRC, when I first installed Red Hat it figured out
my network card, sound card and video card w/ no intervention from me,
and that was a couple years ago.

--
Thatcher Ulrich
http://tulrich.com