Re: Where is Debian going?

As a nubie (into GNU-Linux for around 6 months) I think the Job Debian and the FSF is doing is laudble and heroic. Debian in general is a roll your own flavor of GNU-Linux not for the faint of heart. However, I had no problem figuring out the naming and numbering scheme. I have no idea why you would want to change a working system everyone knows. The Toy Story names give the impression y'all work in a "fun playful" (meaning taking the work seriously without taking one's self too seriously) environment, and I believe that's very important.

Just my 2 cents