Re: ~/.Xmodmap (was: Customizing the console key map?)

%% Mike Pfleger <pfleger@pfleger-precision.com> writes:

  mp> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 04:01:13PM -0400, Paul D. Smith wrote:
  >> I'll repeat my previous advice: use xkeycaps.
  >>
  >> Life is too short to futz with modmap.

  mp> Yes, well; using xkeycaps doesn't teach me anything, does it?

First, as someone else pointed out, it certainly _can_ teach you
something, if you want...

Second, my point is, with so many truly _useful_ and _interesting_
things to learn, why waste brain cells on something as basically useless
and uninteresting (and baroque) as modmap syntax?

Anyway that's my opinion but, of course, YMMV :).

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools