Re: ~/.Xmodmap (was: Customizing the console key map?)

Paul> Second, my point is, with so many truly _useful_ and
Paul> _interesting_ things to learn, why waste brain cells on
Paul> something as basically useless and uninteresting (and baroque)
Paul> as modmap syntax?

Personally, I find the xkeycaps interface to be baroque, relative to
the not-really-that-complicated Xmodmap syntax. Not everybody thinks
better in GUI; some of us prefer text.

Paul> Anyway that's my opinion but, of course, YMMV :).

Sounds like my does.

john.