Re: Font packages for teTeX

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> writes:

> On Mit, 24 Aug 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
>> Indeed, doesn't work with OO.o. I geuss it is best to physically install
>> both AFM and PFB files in /usr/share/fonts/ and provide links from the
>> TEXMF and X11 locations.
>
> I have tried to find some information on WHERE OOo tries to find fonts
> (I reported several problems with espert font sets to OOo), but didn't
> succed. The only reliable way I found was putting all into one
> directory.

I agree with Frank that this behaviour misses the point of symbolic
links completly. One could argue, though, that /usr/share/fonts/ is 'The
Right Place' for fonts, anyway. And changing the script like that
shouldn't be to difficult.

> (BTW: Is the ssh+svn Problem solved?)

Yes. Somewhen during the night svn.d.o abd alioth.d.o seemed to have
synced.

> Another thing, you should also test with OOo 1.9.122, which probably
> works a bit better than the one in debian. There are packages for
> debian, or you convert them with alien from the distribution .rpm, works
> great here on my debian/sid box.

Not sure if I want to try that on my sarge box. And I am not sure if I
have enough space for a sid chroot that includes OOo. Let's see ...

cheerio
ralf