Re: Font packages for teTeX

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> writes:

> On Die, 23 Aug 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
>> BTW, I think I have found the reason for the problems with GaramondNo8
>> and LModern in OO.o and Scribus: The fonts where registered with
>> fontconfig in their directory in TEXMF. AFAIK fontconfig does not tell
>
> I could have told you this. I always installed my pfb AND afm files per
> links into /usr/local/share/fonts/, but they never worked. Because OOo
> followed symlinks, and then in the target directory of the pfb there was
> no afm.
>
> Well, this is now working, but still the afm AND the pfb have to be in
> the SAME directory (at least AFAIR) to get OOo to accept the fonts.

Argh, that is even worse than I thought. In that case, the X11
registration code I just commited for mk-tex-fontpack doesn't help us
that much.
[...testing with OO.o ...]
Indeed, doesn't work with OO.o. I geuss it is best to physically install
both AFM and PFB files in /usr/share/fonts/ and provide links from the
TEXMF and X11 locations.

cheerio
ralf