Re: Font packages for teTeX

On Die, 23 Aug 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> BTW, I think I have found the reason for the problems with GaramondNo8
> and LModern in OO.o and Scribus: The fonts where registered with
> fontconfig in their directory in TEXMF. AFAIK fontconfig does not tell

I could have told you this. I always installed my pfb AND afm files per
links into /usr/local/share/fonts/, but they never worked. Because OOo
followed symlinks, and then in the target directory of the pfb there was
no afm.

Well, this is now working, but still the afm AND the pfb have to be in
the SAME directory (at least AFAIR) to get OOo to accept the fonts.

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
HATHERSAGE (n.)
The tiny snippets of beard which coat the inside of a washbasin after
shaving in it.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff