Re: Installation tests with GRUB on GPT disks

On 05/16/2018 08:53 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> So I wrote the image to a CDRW and started the installation from there.
>>
>> The partitioning worked correctly with the added snippet and created a layout that resembles the recipe without the snippet:
>>> (...)
>> If it creates the bios_grub "partition" on your gpt capable machine with the snippet included, it could be save for inclusion in d-i/partman-auto.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation. I will test later as I didn't have the time yet.

Ok, I just successfully tested this change.

Two questions left:

1. Can you test whether we can drop the /boot partition on Sun
   partition tables?

2. Now that we can use GRUB, what about updating the default
   partitioning scheme? Maybe one that is inspired by the layout
   used on ppc64el:

   > https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/partman-auto/tree/master/recipes-ppc64el

3. GRUB installs fine now on Sun partition tables without any further ado?

4. And, just to be safe: Your previous mail contained hashes
   before the partition layout lines (#). You did not actually
   have those in your atomic file, correct?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz