Re: Netboot E250 -- tftp problem

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 09:38 +0800, Hero_xbd!.RRR wrote:

> > This seems vaugely familiar.  I have a vauge memory of having problems
> > getting a Sun machine to netboot and finding out it was a cabling
> > problem.  Have you tried swaping the Sun machine for another boxen and
> > pulling the netboot file from the server?  This should tell you if it's
> > a cabling / switch problem.
> >
> I have successfully pulled the files through TFTP to my PC in dormitory
> (TFTP server is at lab). Does it infer there is no problem here?

That depends on the architecture of the network.  If it's something like
this:

PC in dorm <--> ... some network ... <--> switch <--> server
                                             ^

                                            E250

(Where arrows are ethernet cables)

then you will have tested all but the cable that goes from the switch to
the E250.  If your topology is different then what you have tested will
be different.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin

PS If you get really stuck netbooting, you could pull the disks, dump a
minimal filesystem on them and then boot from disk.