Re: Netboot E250 -- tftp problem

Geert Stappers wrote:
By the way, I prefer 'stappers', it goes back to the mid 1990
when I on the same mailinglist as Geert Uyterhoeven.
With 'stappers' it is unambiguous which Geert is meant.
Stappers is also my IRC nickname and Debian account name.

OK, stappers. I'm sorry that I don't quite familiar with Latin names. I will be careful.

Because netbooting SUNs is a working thing, I'm curious what blocks it
this time.
Me too.
 Could it be firewall software on the TFTP server?

I am using fail2ban[1] on the TFTP server, which functions on iptables and is supposed to modify only "ftp ftps ftp-data ftps-data ssh"ports. Except it, I did not do anything with firewall.
Oh, maybe I should use a shiny minimum debian mechine to act as the TFTP server. That will eliminate various potential blocks.
Is it possible the NICs and Net Switch produce the problem? Does the working rarp session eliminate all the possibility?
Stappers, I have noticed that your .pcap file also has one packet with checksum error. Does it infer that "checksum error" is in some degree irrelevant?

1. http://www.fail2ban.org

--
续本达
Xu, Benda

Fundamental Science of Mathematics and Physics,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China

http://learn.tsinghua.edu.cn:8080/2005012177/index.html
http://thirsty.phys.tsinghua.edu.cn/MyWiki/heroxbd