Re: Netboot E250 -- tftp problem

Op 22-01-2008 om 11:01 schreef Hero_xbd!.RRR:
> Geert Stappers wrote:
>> My advise is to check the version the tftpd server.
>> Over here says `dpkg -l tftpd-hpa` that I'm using version 0.48-1.
>>
>> For reference you may wireshark
>> http://www.stappers.nl/gst/temporary/e250/rodebes.pcap
>> Rodebes is the hostname of an Ultra5 at address 172.24.0.15
>
> Greet,

Great, is is actual Geert

By the way, I prefer 'stappers', it goes back to the mid 1990
when I on the same mailinglist as Geert Uyterhoeven.
With 'stappers' it is unambiguous which Geert is meant.
Stappers is also my IRC nickname and Debian account name.

> I have followed your instructions, and the memory seems to be alright. (it
> fills "55" and "aa" as expected)
> I have removed "-r blocksize" and it gives no difference.
> (Maybe I should try out inetd? Almost all the documents around the net
> netbooting sparc use inetd instead of standalone tftpd.)
>
> I have also checked the version:
>
> Openboot 3.12
> tftpd-hpa 0.48-1
>
> I compared the .pcap file with yours, and it seems there is no difference
> except for the "check sum error". (Wireshark said 'maybe caused by "UDP
> checksum offload"? ' -- what does that mean? Can it give us some clue?)

Over here I can't reproduce the error when the TFTP server is standalone.
Still it is a good thing try how the TFTP server behaves under inetd.

Because netbooting SUNs is a working thing, I'm curious what blocks it
this time. Could it be firewall software on the TFTP server?

Cheers
Geert Stappers
--
Bonus points for respecting the discussion order
(in other words: Reply _below_ the text ... )