Re: Netboot E250 -- tftp problem

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 21:31 +0800, Hero_xbd!.RRR wrote:
<snip>

> I am using fail2ban[1] on the TFTP server, which functions on iptables
> and is supposed to modify only "ftp ftps ftp-data ftps-data ssh"ports.
> Except it, I did not do anything with firewall.
Apologies if I'm telling you something you already know but that would
mean your TFTP server isn't protected.

> Oh, maybe I should use a shiny minimum debian mechine to act as the TFTP
> server. That will eliminate various potential blocks.
> Is it possible the NICs and Net Switch produce the problem? Does the
> working rarp session eliminate all the possibility?
This seems vaugely familiar.  I have a vauge memory of having problems
getting a Sun machine to netboot and finding out it was a cabling
problem.  Have you tried swaping the Sun machine for another boxen and
pulling the netboot file from the server?  This should tell you if it's
a cabling / switch problem.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin