Re: New Woody 2.3.2 boot images for sparc, need testing...

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 11:20:46PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:

> Ben Collins writes:
>  > I can get my system's kernel image to boot piggyback, but obviously not
>  > mount the ramdisk (I don't compile initrd support in). If I try the
>  > images I have available, I get the "Fast Data Access MMU Miss".
>
> I am confused, what works exactly and what does not?
>
> Some kernel on some ultra you have works, but the new debian one's
> you put up for us to look at yesterday barf?

I can take the kernel I have on my AXe, piggyback the root.bin to it,
and use that to boot (a 2.4.4 kernel, built from vger CVS). The same
image does not work with tilo.

The image I provided with the boot disks does not work with piggyback,
nor tilo.

I am recompiling the same image from pristine vger CVS to match the one
provided in the boot disks. I'll see what I get from this one.

FYI, you can get the system-map for the linux-a.out image by downloading
the image-2.88/rescue.bin and mounting it over loop, if you're willing
to try piggybacking that one with the root.bin.

Ben