Re: New Woody 2.3.2 boot images for sparc, need testing...

Ben Collins writes:
 > At the URL below is the compressed ramdisk:
 >
 > http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/images-1.44/root.bin

It boots just fine with piggyback for me, here is what I did in a
2.4.x current CVS tree:

1) used arch/sparc64/defconfig, but turning CONFIG_SMP off
2) make vmlinux
3) make tftpboot.img ROOT_IMG=/home/davem/debian/root.bin

And the booted the resulting arch/sparc64/boot/tftpboot.img on my
SunBlade-1000, and that works.

Maybe there is some local patch in your 2.4.x debian tree which
hoses ramdisks on sparc?  Or do you have some external piggyback
builder you are using?

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com