Re: New Woody 2.3.2 boot images for sparc, need testing...

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 08:52:37PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> Ben Collins writes:
>  > At the URL below is the compressed ramdisk:
>  >
>  > http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/images-1.44/root.bin
> It boots just fine with piggyback for me, here is what I did in a
> 2.4.x current CVS tree:
> 1) used arch/sparc64/defconfig, but turning CONFIG_SMP off
> 2) make vmlinux
> 3) make tftpboot.img ROOT_IMG=/home/davem/debian/root.bin

Seems my local piggyback was looking for start/end instead of
_start/_end. Bitten yet again :) Using the one from the current kernel,
I can get my system's kernel image to boot piggyback, but obviously not
mount the ramdisk (I don't compile initrd support in). If I try the
images I have available, I get the "Fast Data Access MMU Miss".

FYI, the kernel that worked with piggyback, still doesn't work with tilo

The Debian kernel sources do have some (unrelated) patches. So I'll try
your example and see if I can get a stock CVS kernel to boot up.