Re: New Woody 2.3.2 boot images for sparc, need testing...

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 08:52:37PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:

> Ben Collins writes:
>  > At the URL below is the compressed ramdisk:
>  >
>  > http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/images-1.44/root.bin
>
> It boots just fine with piggyback for me, here is what I did in a
> 2.4.x current CVS tree:
>
> 1) used arch/sparc64/defconfig, but turning CONFIG_SMP off
> 2) make vmlinux
> 3) make tftpboot.img ROOT_IMG=/home/davem/debian/root.bin

Seems my local piggyback was looking for start/end instead of
_start/_end. Bitten yet again :) Using the one from the current kernel,
I can get my system's kernel image to boot piggyback, but obviously not
mount the ramdisk (I don't compile initrd support in). If I try the
images I have available, I get the "Fast Data Access MMU Miss".

FYI, the kernel that worked with piggyback, still doesn't work with tilo
:/

The Debian kernel sources do have some (unrelated) patches. So I'll try
your example and see if I can get a stock CVS kernel to boot up.

Ben