Re: [RFC] New task: science-dataacquisition

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

I do not know if it has been well advertised, but we also can have links to
Ubuntu bugs from Debian:

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org&ubuntu=1&ordering=3

It is in fact not that well advertised and I have to admit that while I
can perfectly see the version information of the Ubuntu package I have
not found information about bugs reported in Ubuntu.

And we can close Launchpd bugs by LP:#123456 numbers in our changelogs, just as
we do for our own bugs (this of course takes effects when Ubuntu syncs the
packge).

That's also new to me - I should remember this ...

I have found Ubuntu bugs valuable information for my packaging, and for the
Debian Med package try to close and merge them when I can in order to get a
better signal/noise ratio.

Sure.  I agree in principle but I admit I'm lacking the knowledge about the
techniques which are helpful to do so.

If someone with knowledge how to query bugs in Ubuntu automatically I'd be in
favour to list these bugs on our bugs page as well (provided that there is a
good chance to get rid of duplicates).  Any Ubuntu volunteer to join the
Debian Pure Blends effort to accomplish this?