Re: [RFC] New task: science-dataacquisition

Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 01:50:13PM -0800, Jordan Mantha a écrit :
>> [1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuScience
>
> Hi Jordan,
>
> the list is actually quite outdated: for instance EMBOSS is distributed in
> Ubuntu :)
>
> It seems that we all face the same problem of not having enough manpower.
> Another example is the MOTU Science mailing list that is not very active and
> worse, does not moderate messages from outside people (me for instance).
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu-science/

Agreed, I find that in particular very irritating.  How are we to
communicate information about our packages to Ubuntu science folk?  It's
not at all clear where to email such info other than said mailing list,
but I also have never been able to get my emails to the list.  Could
they at least whitelist the emails of maintainers of the relevant Debian
packages?

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/