Re: [RFC] New task: science-dataacquisition

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Stuart Prescott wrote:

I'll put you on "Responsible" for this project in the tasks page ...

Sure. (Gee, I walked right in to that one, didn't I!?)

Fine.

Any hint how to link to the Ububtu package?

There's no ubuntu package (there may be unofficial ones floating around but
they are extremely unlikely to be acceptable to debian due to the problems I
previously described). The program is just mentioned on the Ubuntu wiki as
being a useful program.

So this list on the Ubuntu website is just another list of scientific software
without any substancial profit for the user?  Hmmm, didn't I expressed my
feeling that this page is not impressing me much?  Google will uncover lots
of such kind of lists and you will run crazy if you try to compare these
whether they are up to date or not.  Our tasks list is related to ready to
install software with a single click or at least gives some status what has
to be done to move a project to this status.  IMHO that's at least two degrees
better, sorry.