Re: Idea for maintaining packages up for adoption

Le mercredi 13 juillet 2005 à 13:16 -0700, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> I would be willing to maintain dvidvi, and a few similar random packages
> like that that I don't use personally but that have a set of users that
> want them and supply patches for them, once I get through the NM process.
> While I'm still in NM, though, it doesn't feel right to take on more load
> like that that my sponsor has to deal with.

That's exactly the point of this discussion. I would probably do the
same... so I thought that we could setup a friendly environment allowing
a group of people to maintain those packages with the help of external
contributors which are more interested in the package.

And I found that the debian-perl group is working quite well maintaining
all their packages in a single subversion repository where all
developers in the group have write access.

So I proposed something similar.

Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org