Re: Idea for maintaining packages up for adoption

Le Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 05:41:54PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 12:25:50PM +0200, Benjamin Bayart wrote:
> > Le Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 04:14:52AM +0900, Masayuki Hatta:
> > By the way I do have some other patches on this package, but there seem
> > to be no emergency to submit :-)
>
> You know #274276 ?

Wow. An intersting view of the world. If I don't know how to make it
work, I drop it. If someone need it, I'll drop that too.

Of course you can go that way. For me the end of the road is of no
interest: only large scale packages used by large number of users, with
no diversity, no backward compatibility, etc. Scripts made for sarge
using dvidvi will probably not run anymore on sid within a few days,
according to what I read.

As smooth an upgrade as with any other distribution of any operating
system, free or not.

I don't know for you, but for me, it sounds bad and sad.

Regards,

	Benjamin.