Re: Idea for maintaining packages up for adoption

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@debian.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

>> I would be willing to maintain dvidvi, and a few similar random
>> packages like that that I don't use personally but that have a set of
>> users that want them and supply patches for them, once I get through
>> the NM process.  While I'm still in NM, though, it doesn't feel right
>> to take on more load like that that my sponsor has to deal with.

> I would be willing to sponsor you for this (and I'm sure other
> QA-related persons too). If you want to adopt some orphaned packages and
> actually maintain them, I'm happy to help you with that.

Thank you!  Okay, I'll take a closer look at the orphaned package list
with an eye to things that I think I understand well enough to apply
patches for, instead of my normal filter of packages that I actually use,
and will let the list know about candidates.  (A sanity check first seems
in order, since I know for some of the orphaned packages there are reasons
why they might not be worth maintaining.)