Re: Idea for maintaining packages up for adoption

Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> writes:

> 3) There are about 1000 Debian developers and thousands of Debian
>    users out there.
> 4) Not one of them has offered to maintain dvidvi, not you, not the
>    maintainers of the packages that depend on it

I would be willing to maintain dvidvi, and a few similar random packages
like that that I don't use personally but that have a set of users that
want them and supply patches for them, once I get through the NM process.
While I'm still in NM, though, it doesn't feel right to take on more load
like that that my sponsor has to deal with.

My vague future intention was to get involved in the QA team and maintain
them as orphaned packages, just to make it more explicitly clear that if
someone had a personal interest in the package, I'd be happy to pass it
along, but maybe it would be better to actually adopt the package and then
immediately file an RFA so that someone shows up as responsible for it.