Re: Debian uscan redirector for PyPI (was: PyPI and debian/watch)

On Feb 04, 2015, at 05:25 PM, Donald Stufft wrote:

>I'm on my phone currently but I think Barry is using it in the wheel package
>now.

I put this in wheel's d/watch file just to test it out manually:

-----snip snip-----
version=3
http://pypi.debian.net/wheel/wheel-(.+)\.tar.gz
-----snip snip-----

But in case you didn't notice, Piotr implemented something truly brilliant.
It takes all the guesswork out of your d/watch file, at least if you want to
use the redirector.

Just visit

http://pypi.debian.net/<package>/watch

and you'll get a d/watch file perfectly suited for your PyPI package.  It's a
little more complicated than the hand-written one e.g. above, but at least
there's no thinking involved! :)

I've updated the instructions here with a cute little curl hack:

https://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide#debian.2Fwatch

Cheers,
-Barry