Re: PyPI and debian/watch

On Jan 31, 2015, at 06:04 PM, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:

>We already have a patch for Lintian to detect such watch files:
>https://bugs.debian.org/776267

It's worse than that.  All the urls in the pypi /simple indexes have #md5=blah
suffixes on the urls, so a filenamemangle opt will be required in d/watch.
Unfortunately, I've not been able to get either the one described here:

or another one that came up in #debian-python to work.

This will be painful to fix across all our packages.  uscan(1) says:

       # The filename is found by taking the last component of the URL and
       # removing everything after any '?'.  If this would not make a usable
       # filename, use filenamemangle.  For example,

Probably the least horrible solution would be for uscan to also remove
everything after a trailing '#' (i.e. fragment).  Apparently the /simple index
cannot just switch # to ? because that would "break every copy of pip and
easy_install".

I wonder if we can get a uscan fix for this into Jessie.

Cheers,
-Barry