Re: PyPI and debian/watch

On 4 February 2015 at 06:08, Donald Stufft <donald@stufft.io> wrote:
> If it gets implemented it'll live at /uscan/ because it exists primarily to
> work around the deficiencies that exist in uscan (Particularly the dificulty
> in ignoring url fragments).

This seems like we're building a workaround to a tool we could
theoretically change. :(

"debian/watch" has a "version=3", which is presumably so that there
can be a "version=4" when deficiencies are discovered -- wouldn't it
be worthwhile to consider revbumping the watch format and updating
uscan to have some improved support for edge cases like this?  I know
uscan has some other open bugs too that could use some thought towards
a more flexible format to handle cases like this.

♥,
- Tianon
  4096R / B42F 6819 007F 00F8 8E36  4FD4 036A 9C25 BF35 7DD4