Re: PyPI and debian/watch

Hi Donald (2015.02.04_22:06:25_+0200)
> > On 4 February 2015 at 06:08, Donald Stufft <donald@stufft.io> wrote:
> >> If it gets implemented it'll live at /uscan/ because it exists primarily to
> >> work around the deficiencies that exist in uscan (Particularly the dificulty
> >> in ignoring url fragments).

Would it be that hard to have fake directory listings on /simple/?
I mean, surely keeping compatibility there is simpler than having a
second endpoint just for Debian.

> We talked about this in #debian-python and there was concern that a new version
> of uscan wouldn’t be in Jessie and then wouldn’t cover the people who need it
> the most.

Who needs it the most? We could fix it in unstable and backports. The
DEHS data on tracker.debian.org comes from quantz.debian.org. which is
currently using devscripts from backports.

> I don’t know if that’s true or not but I certainly think that uscan _should_
> ignore anything that comes after a # (similarly to how it ignores anything that
> comes after a ?).

Agreed.

SR

--