Re: PyPI and debian/watch

Tristan Seligmann <mithrandi@mithrandi.net> writes:

> The debian/watch file I wrote for python-nacl (which also verifies the
> PGP signature) seems to work.

I can't get PGP signature retrieval to rowk (“uscan warning:
pgpsigurlmangle option exists, but the upstream keyring does not exist”)
even with your suggested pattern.

But I have also written a working uscan configuration::

opts="filenamemangle=s/\S+\/([^\/]+\.tar\.gz)#md5=[[:alnum:]]+$/$1/" \
    https://pypi.python.org/simple/python-daemon/ \
    \S+/python-daemon-(\S+)\.tar\.gz#md5=[[:alnum:]]+ \
    debian

Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> writes:

> I'd love to be able to have something as simple as:
>
> version=3
> https://pypi.python.org/simple/mypkg/mypkg-(.*).tar.gz
>
> which is close to what most packages probably use today, modulo the
> base url path.

That would be great. But remember that the uscan documentation
recommends a tighter matching pattern, so that would be::

    version=3
    https://pypi.python.org/simple/mypkg/mypkg-(.+).tar.gz

> I filed a bug against pypa/warehouse so hopefully we can get something
> better before Jessie is released (which is when I think there will be
> more pressure for a better solution, since most packages won't be
> updated during the freeze).
>
> https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/358

Thanks very much!

I'm not a fan of having it live at “…/uscan/” though. This is not
specific to Debian, it's a sensible API design for all.

--
 \      “Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some |
  `\    sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.” |