Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

> I didn't think that using the templates was required for AMs, merely a
> useful tool.

Correct, noone is forced to use the templates. There are some questions
you *must* have, but thats a handful. All the rest is up to the AM.

> I think AMs should be able to check to their satisfaction in other
> ways as appropriate, as long as it produces a similar result (you are
> happy that the candidate _does_ know all those things and will
> probably get them right in practice).

Not exactly. You are happy... *and* you know that a person only reading
the maillog (and probably following links you put into your DAM/FD
summary mail) will think the same about the applicant.

--
bye, Joerg
<liw> we have release cycles, that's why it takes so long to get a