Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:

> Is that really problem? We need people who take the right decisions (and
> that includes asking questions when they don't know or are not sure
> about something), not people who can repeat all our documentation from
> memory.

And then we get what we've seen on -devel over the past few days with
somebody who is a DM already. Very basic questions, showing that the
documentation was (best case) not understood or (worst case) not read
at all.

Now multiply that by 10 or more and watch (even more) people walking
away from -devel.

If you want to bring up -mentors at this point, then you can
s/-devel/-mentors/ above and it still holds. Let's add that the
quality of advices and reviews offered on -mentors can vary wildly
depending on the respondent (DD or not doesn't matter here), from
inexact to blatantly (sometimes, dangerously) wrong.

Recipe for a disaster.

That said, NM is a pain for the applicants *and* the AMs from what
I've witnessed recently. There's certainly room for improvements in
the process, but it doesn't look like FD is open to much changes in
the way NM works today (again, from what I've witnessed recently).

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>

 Public key available on <http://www.jblache.org> - KeyID: F5D6 5169