Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 02:34:12PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:

> The NM process should neither be pain for the NM nor for the AM. If it is I'm
> happy to hear the facts why it is pain, instead of useless babbling.

I stopped being an AM largely as a result of the introduction of the
templated questions.  I felt that all I was doing was shooting enormous
reams of paperwork at applicants which I didn't really felt helped with
anything.  Dumping these enormous reams of questions on the applicants
didn't feel like it was giving any insight into their cluefulness, it
felt like it was assessing their ability to pass exams and meaning that
if someone struggled the whole thing turned into a mentoring process
rather than an assessment process.  If I was going to mentor someone I
probably wouldn't be doing it with this sort of exam style process but
with something a bit softer.