Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On 23/06/09 at 12:06 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> No way. Most reports show that a lot of NMs don't know about a lot of
> things asked during the NM process. This is true even for those who
> are DM already.

Is that really problem? We need people who take the right decisions (and
that includes asking questions when they don't know or are not sure
about something), not people who can repeat all our documentation from
memory.

I would personally be fine with a process where the applicant would only
send a signed mail saying "I've read, understood and agre with the
Debian social contract,the  new maintainers guide, the developers
reference, and the debian policy.", with 5 different DDs providing a
detailed advocacy for the applicant.

That's basically what we agreed to do for DM, and it works quite well.